Sydney, NSW, AustraliaDescription
The 2014 PNCMI (Polarised Neutrons for Condensed-Matter Investigations) International Conference will be held in Sydney, NSW, Australia, on 15 – 19 September 2014. The conference will cover the latest condensed-matter investigations using polarised neutrons and state-of-the-art methodologies and techniques of polarised-neutron production and utilisation for novel instrumentation and experiments, with emphasis on prospects for new science and new instrument concepts.
The conference will include a tour of the polarised-neutron facilities at the OPAL Research Reactor at ANSTO.
- Multiferroics and chirality
- Strongly correlated electron systems, including superconductors
- Frustrated and disordered systems
- Magnetic nanomaterials
- Molecular magnetism
- Thin films and multilayers
- Soft matter and biology
- Instrumentation and methods, including nuclear polarisation, Larmor techniques, and depolarisation
- Complementary techniques (NMR, XMCD, …)
- Facility reports
ANSTOContact E-Mail URL