Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research at McMaster University, CanadaDescription
What: A three-day workshop on the “The Role of Magnetic Symmetry in the Description and Determination of Magnetic Structures”. Hands-on tutorials on the exploitation of magnetic symmetry in ISODISTORT, FullProf, JANA and the Bilbao Crystallograpic Server. Lectures will address both theory and practice. See http://magcryst.org/meetings/cmsworkshop2014/ for details.
When: August 14-16, 2014
Where: Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research at McMaster University. An outstanding summer venue with many scenic attractions nearby (e.g. Toronto and Niagra Falls).
Why: A great deal of new infrastructure (software, data and standards) is evolving rapidly in support of the use of magnetic symmetry to solve/refine magnetic structures. Don’t miss this opportunity to catch up.
Who: Presenters include
- Mois Aroyo (Universidad del Pais Vasco, Spain)
- Stuart Calder (Oak Ridge National Lab, USA)
- Branton Campbell (Brigham Young University, USA)
- John Greedan (McMaster University, Canada)
- J. Manuel Perez-Mato (Universidad del Pais Vasco, Spain)
- Vaclav Petricek (Institute of Physics, ASCR, Czech Republic)
- Vladimir Pomjakushin (Paul Scherrer Institut, Switzerland)
- Juan Rodriquez-Carvajal (Institut Laue Langevin, France)
- Wieslawa Sikora (AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland)
How much: Student residence-hall accommodations. Low registration fees. Young-scientist travel bursary awards still available.Contact Name
Branton Campbell (BYU Dept. of Physics & Astronomy)E-Mail URL Phone