Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin, Lise-Meitner-Campus in Berlin-Wannsee.Description
The scope of the workshop is to bring together experts doing research in high magnetic fields above 15 T with the focus on neutron scattering. We want to provide an information platform for researchers regarding the future use of the high?field facility capable to generate magnetic fields as high as 25+ T at HZB. Identification of possible future experiments using this facility is one of the main workshop topics. The workshop covers a broad field of topics ranging from the neutron diffraction and scattering in high magnetic fields and sample environment for neutron sciences up to fundamental physics problems in high magnetic fields.
Practical information on how to apply for experimental beamtime will be provided.
The Registration Fee is 100 Euro. This fee includes the workshop material and covers the coffee breaks, lunches and workshop dinner.
Topics covered will be
- present status of neutron scattering in high magnetic fields
- sample environment for neutron sciences in magnetic fields
- fundamental physics problems in high magnetic fields
- low-dimensional systems and frustrated systems
- oxides and related systems
- superconductivity and high magnetic fields
- quantum critical phenomena
- strongly correlated and heavy-fermion system
- The workshop will take place from 29-30 October 2014 at Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin, Lise-Meitner-Campus in Berlin-Wannsee.
- The workshop will start at 9.00 am on Wednesday, 29th October 2014, and will finish around 16.00 pm on Thursday, 30th October 2014.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und EnergieContact Name
Prof. Dr. Bella LakeE-Mail URL Phone