9th Liquid Matter Conference
Date 21. July 2014 - 25. July 2014
University of Lisbon, PortugalDescription
The 9th Liquid Matter Conference will take place at the University of Lisbon, Portugal, 21-25 July 2014. The conference will start on the morning of Monday 21 July 2014, and finish around lunchtime on Friday, 25 July 2014. The purpose of this conference is to bring together scientists working on the liquid state of matter and closely related topics, such as soft matter and biophysics. The rapidly growing field covered by this conference series therefore includes the physics, chemistry, biology, and chemical engineering of liquid matter as well as several areas of applied research.
The conference will consist of plenary lectures, topical symposia with keynote lectures and contributed oral presentations, as well as poster sessions. The highlights of the conference will be published in a special issue of the Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter.
- Ionic Liquids and Liquid Metals
- Water and Solutions
- Liquid Crystals
- Polymers, Polyelectrolytes, Biopolymers
- Films, Foams, Surfactants, Emulsions
- Confined Fluids, Interfacial Phenomena
- Supercooled Liquids, Glasses, Gels
- Driven Systems, Rheology and Nanofluidics
- Active Matter
- Biological and Biomimetic Fluids
- The deadline for abstract submission is 1 February 2014.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent by 31 March 2014.
University of Lisbon (UL) and the School of Engineering of the Lisbon Polytechnic Institute (ISEL), on behalf of the European Physical SocietyContact Name
Dr Paulo TeixeiraE-Mail URL Address
9th Liquid Matter Conference – Liquids 2014
c/o Dr Paulo Teixeira
Área Departamental de Física
ISEL- Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Lisboa
Rua Conselheiro Emídio Navarro 1
PortugalBack to previous page